The radio auction airs every Wednesday from 10-11:30 a.m. on WKLK 96.5 FM, WKLK AM 1230 and WMOZ 106.9 FM. The radio auction offers you a chance to buy certificates and merchandise from our valued advertisers at a fraction of its normal cost.
We’re asked frequently how a listener obtains a radio auction bidding number. It’s EASY! Just make your own four numbers up and you now have your own radio auction bidding number. The next step is to give the radio auction a call at (218)-879-4534 and tell us what you’d like to purchase! Once in a while, we will put an item or certificate up for bid, in which we set the opening bid, then allow listeners to bid up in certain increments until we have either reached a “target” price, or we will put the certificate on a “timer” for a certain amount of time and take bids. After the “timer” goes off, whoever has the highest bid will get the certificate or merchandise. But the majority of our certificates and merchandise is sold outright, which means we set the discount price ahead of time and you simply purchase the item for the discount price.
Some things to keep in mind while playing the radio auction:
- A majority of our certificates are limited to one per customer/table per visit.
- Always read instructions on the certificate carefully for any restrictions.
- Most, but not all, certificates carry a 30-day expiration date.
- Many auction certificates are not good in conjunction with other store or business sales.
- The radio auctioneers ALWAYS have the final say on sales during the radio auction.
- The radio auctioneers also reserve the right to limit the number of certificates sold per call.
- Certificates are ready for pick up after the auction at 1 p.m. the day of the auction, NO SOONER PLEASE!
After the completion of each week’s auction, certificates are filed under your bidding number. You have ABOUT ONE WEEK to obtain your auction certificates or THEY WILL BE re-sold on the next auction. That means by the end of business hours (5 p.m.) the Tuesday AFTER the previous week’s radio auction. Certificates may be obtained by stopping by our studios in downtown Cloquet, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with a check or cash for the total amount due to: WKLK/WMOZ Radio Auction, 1104 Cloquet Avenue, Cloquet, MN 55720.
Your certificates will then be mailed back to you. If you are unable to obtain your auction certificates by the next auction, you may hold them for ONE WEEK by calling ahead. If then not picked up, items will be re-sold during the next auction. Thanks for playing our radio auction!